Spandana Model Village (Aadarsha Gramam)
The villages are main pillars to our country. But without having any employment opportunities today the villages have become only residence purpose for the older people. Youth are leaving villages after their studies in the village to the cities and towns, the reason is the opportunities and facilities are minimal in villages. In order to make villages self-sustainable, Spandana Foundation requesting all of our members to come forward and adopt their own village to make it a progressive model village.
As part of of that, our members Prasad Pendyala in India and Sambasivarao Kommalapati in USA came forward to develop their village Laxminagar, Papannapet mandal, Medak district, Telangana and Spandana Foundation is decided to adopt this village and make it progressive model village with the help of villagers.
Laxminagar is a Village in Papannapet Mandal in Medak District of Telangana State, India. Laxminagar is located 55 KM towards North from District headquarters Sangareddy, 9 KM from Papannapet, 12 KM from District Medak and 94 KM from State capital Hyderabad.
Laxminagar is surrounded by Nagireddypet Mandal towards west, Kulcharam Mandal towards South, Medak Mandal towards East, and Tekmal Mandal towards west. Medak, Kamareddy, Sangareddy and Sadasivpet are the nearby towns to Laxminagar. Telugu is the Local Language here. Laxminagar has above 95% literacy rate. Agriculture is the main occupation and the crops grown are paddy, sugarcane and groundnut.
Spandana Foundation is planning to achieve the following facilities for Laxminagar village with the help of villagers.
- Make villagers as partners in the development. Bring the awareness in the villagers and make them to contribute for their own village development
- Water Treatment Plant Installation and Maintenance.
- Forming Committees for the welfare of village.
- Tree Plantation on both sides of the main road.
- Generic Medicine availability in the village.
- Proper Usage of the existing school for Skill Development for all ages of villagers.
- Grave Yard with proper facilities like compound wall, watertap, shed for last rights etc.
- Making use of the mud in Water Bodies during summer around village for Agricultural use.
- Solar Water Pumps and Houses
- Water Pits
- Recycle Pits
- Open defecation eradication by building public toilets
- CC Roads
- Proper Drainage System
- Laxmi Nagar Community and Meditation Hall
- Laxmi Nagar Sports Center
- RMP Hospital
- Requesting ISP for Hi-end 3-G Tower installation ,to increase the Internet Bandwidth
- Veterinary Hospital
- Establishing Farmers/Agricultural Welfare Co-operative Society
Please contact Prasad Pendyala (India) at 9908226169 and Srinivas Mikkilineni (US) at 309 825 1159 or Sambasivarao Kommalapati (US) at 309 807 2064 for more information about this project. Contact Spandana Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.